- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh Texas Rio Star Red Grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sliced green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups baby greens
- 4 portabello mushrooms cut into Â½-inch pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Texas Rio Star Red Grapefruit, peeled and segmented
In a large bowl, combine buttermilk, grapefruit juice, sugar, mayonnaise, green onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Chill until ready to use.
In large skillet, heat oil. Dip mushrooms in egg then dredge in breadcrumbs. Cook on medium heat 3 minutes or until browned.
Evenly divide baby greens and mushrooms on 4 plates. Add grapefruit sections and drizzle dressing over salad.