- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. grapefruit zest
- ½ cup fresh Rio Star Grapefruit juice
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tbs. honey
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked for 30 minutes in water
- Light the grill. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, grapefruit zest, grapefruit juice, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Add shrimp to the marinade, stirring well to coat.
- Let marinate for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Thread shrimp onto wooden skewers. Cook the shrimp until just done, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Brush each side with glaze while grilling.
- In a small sauce pan, bring the remaining glaze to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, remove from heat and pour over shrimp skewers