- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1 Texas Rio Star Grapefruit
- 3 tablespoons roasted, salted peanuts, chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ lb lean ground pork
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled ginger
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Romaine or butter lettuce leaves
- Mix fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar in a bowl, set aside.
- Lightly toast the coconut in a skillet over medium heat; cool.
- With a sharp knife, peel and sections grapefruit.
- Toss sections in a bowl with coconut, peanuts, mint, chili sauce and green onions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pork and cook, breaking it up, 4-5 minutes (do not brown).
- Transfer the met to a bowl, and drain any excess liquid; set aside.
- Raise the heat to high, add remaining 1 tablespoons of oil to the skillet, then add ginger and red onion; cook to soften, about 1 minute. Add the onion to the pork, pour into the fish sauce mixture and gently toss.
- Divide the pork mixture among the lettuce leaves and top each with grapefruit salad.